Detroit’s Myeloma Community
We are here to help
- Patients need education about the new drug therapies available and the quickly changing myeloma landscape.
- We are working to build a local myeloma community, which can support patients and caregivers.
- We see that there is disparity of care and access to treatments among patients, particularly in the Detroit area. We want to help bridge that gap.
- Furthermore, CMMC is committed to shedding more light on multiple myeloma, so that the public in general is better informed.
- We are also working on gathering information that may provide various forms of assistance for multiple myeloma patients. As an example, here is a link to financial support from the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Bringing the myeloma community together is key to meeting these needs. That’s why Wine & Dine in the D was created. The evening kicks off with 90-minute educational roundtable discussion by some of the most prominent myeloma doctors in the country. Following this important educational panel, we host a “Wine & Dine” fundraiser, featuring delicious food and beverages from some of Detroit’s finest restaurants. All food and beverages are donated. It is an evening to educate about myeloma, raise funds for research and inspire.
Wine & Dine in the D 2020 take place at the Westin Book Cadillac on Thursday, October 1. The Educational Roundtable begins at 5:30 p.m. with a discussion entitled “New Breakthroughs in Myeloma Treatment,” led by esteemed multiple myeloma specialists.
We hope you will join us for Wine & Dine in the D 2020!
Please see ticket and sponsorship information here. Myeloma patients may receive complimentary tickets.
Cure Multiple Myeloma is a 501(c)(3) corporation which was established to educate myeloma patients and caregivers in the Metro Detroit area, provide a community of support, and to raise funds for myeloma research.