CMMC is looking for a new Executive Director
After 11 years, Michele MacWilliams, CMMC’s current executive director, is looking to retire. Please see our job description below and attached here.
Location: Metro Detroit. Remote 80%, travel to venue(s) and meetings 20%
Reports to: President, Board of Directors
The mission of Cure Multiple Myeloma Corporation (CMMC) is to help build a Metro Detroit myeloma community, which can support patients and caregivers and to help fund next generation multiple myeloma treatments to extend patients’ lives in pursuit of a cure. CMMC, a 501(c)(3), is the number one private funder of multiple myeloma research in the Detroit area.
The Executive Director will manage grant-making and supporting program-related functions including Wine & Dine in the D, hosting Ask the Doctor sessions, data collection and analysis; lead educational efforts, and foster collaboration. Because CMMC is a small but growing organization, the executive director’s position will initially be part-time and can be accomplished primarily by working remotely. Estimated hours are 20 per week to begin. Time working on CMMC programs is low in the winter, increases through the spring and summer with the busiest time occurring in the two months prior to Wine & Dine in the D, which happens in September or October.
Organizational Leadership and Strategy:
- Work with the current/retiring executive director to assume her responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Board, President, and key stakeholders to advance CMMC’s mission and align program areas and grantmaking with CMMC’s strategic plan.
- Facilitate team and grantee meetings, educational and strategic planning sessions.
- Plan, coordinate and execute CMMC’s primary fundraising event, Wine & Dine in the D.
- Recruiting and assigning volunteers
- Developing printed material including signage, menus, floor plan, save-the-date card, invitation, silent auction, sponsorship material, program, name tags, etc.
- Coordinating with restaurants, beverage providers
- Silent auction signage
- Liaison to venue
- Updates to website, social media posts, writing press release, working with media
- Planning and running Host Committee meetings
- Purchasing all inventory for event
- Set up and teardown
- Plan, coordinate and execute other CMMC events, including Ask the Doctor remote sessions and/or Ask the Doctor in-person breakfasts. CMMC routinely hosts 7 to 8 sessions per year.
- Conduct research and outreach to recruit new grantees, and programmatic partners.
- As needed, serve as an ambassador for CMMC externally at events and/or in support of fundraising initiatives, or program support,
Grant and Sponsorship Management:
- Create all material necessary to apply for grants and/or to request sponsorships for events
- Manage grant and sponsorship life cycle, from request to close, reviewing applications, tracking payments, reviewing, or producing relevant reports, and monitoring impact.
- Conduct the due diligence that is required in the decision-making process.
- Analyze systems for tracking grant data, make recommendations to improve grant-making systems.
- Provide grants and sponsorship management support regarding administration process, compliance, and data analysis.
Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Professional experience, preferably in a nonprofit and/or healthcare environment, as well as experience working in a leadership role.
- Proven success leading a collaborative strategic planning process and ensuring its effective implementation.
- Financial management experience.
- Proficiency in working with the most common Microsoft programs; including but not limited to, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in working with the Google Cloud programs; including but not limited to Gmail, Google Drive (including Google Docs, Sheets and Slides), Google Analytics.
- Proficiency in working with an email program such as Constant Contact
- Outstanding strategic thinking skills, with a focus on results and impact.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to be thoughtful, patient, supportive and nimble.
- Detail oriented.
- Positive attitude, good sense of humor and interest in joining a small, but high-impact organization.
- Passionate about and experience of working on CMMC’s mission
- Experience with organizing special events.
- Preference to individual who is experienced with Adobe Creative Cloud programs including InDesign and Photoshop.
CMMC is an equal opportunity employer. CMMC is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation, and disciplinary action regarding the terms and conditions of employment. CMMC does not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Apply: Submit Resume, Cover Letter and References to email@example.com • Subject Line: Job Inquiry: Executive Director